Mexico Gastronomy Vacation – Grand Velas Riviera Maya
From now through October 30th, Grand Velas Riviera Maya will celebrate the bicentennial of Mexico’s Independence with an exploration of traditional Mexican cuisines and their fusion with diverse global kitchens.
The luxury resort will offer five or six course tasting menus or “routes” at each of its five gourmet signature restaurants. The executive chefs of each restaurant will re-interpret traditional Mexican ingredients and cooking methods in their own personal style. Under the supervision of executive chef Patrick Louis, the menus will explore fusion with the French, Italian and Asian kitchens and offer a new take on Mexican gastronomy.
In retracing the steps of the principal supporters of Mexican Independence the routes incorporate Mexican and international influence into the following exquisite Grand Velas Riviera Maya tasting menus:
• Route Hidalgo in Sen Lin Restaurant: The Mexican states Guanajuato, Queretaro, Mexico and Morelia inspired Chef Antonio Cortaza of Sen Lin to create an Asian-Mexican fusion menu with delicacies like lamb ribs bathed in ancho pepper curry, sweet potato ginger puree, and field roasted corn rolls with lemongrass infused white chocolate sauce.
• Route of Patriotism in Frida Restaurant: Independence campaigns waged through the states of Michoacán, Guerrero, Oaxaca, Morelos, Puebla, Veracruz and Chiapas, all of which are known for both unusual and traditional mole dishes. Chef Daniel Garcia of Frida celebrates these states in his singular style with snails in green mole, pork shank and coffee cream filled donuts.
• Route of Democracy in Cocina De Autor: Retrace the triumphant path of Francisco I. Madero from Cuidad Juarez to Mexico City with Xavier Perez Stone of Cocina De Autor. Explore contemporary fusion with dishes like quesadilla mushroom soup, traditional Mexican corn pasty with rockfish and stone ground chocolate.
• Route Zapata in Piaf Restaurant: From the states of Sonora, Sinaloa, Nayarit, Jalisco, Colima, Aguascalientes and Zacatecas come a wide variety of seafood dishes. Chef Michel Mustiere of Piaf presents a seafood menu of Franco-Mexican fusion. Savor pacific shrimp marinated with lemon juice and serrano peppers, served on a bed of creamed cucumber and black mole soufflé with Grand Marnier.
• Route Constitutional Revolution in Lucca Restaurant: Chef Christian Testa of Lucca lends a creative twist to Italian-Mexican fusion with Mexican truffle gnocchi, bicentennial pizza (nut sauce, pancetta, radicchio, poblano chile and pomegranate), and semi-frozen chestnut tart served with berries and an agave nectar reduction.
The tasting menus are available to all resort guests at no additional charge as part of the all-inclusive rate. For outside guests, the charge is $980 pesos (approx. $98 USD) for the tasting menu and $1,500 pesos (approx. $150 USD) for the tasting menu with wine pairing, which include tax and service charge. Seatings are from 6 to 11 pm.
SHARE & COMMENTS:
You might also like
|Grand Velas Riviera Maya Spa Readers’ Choice Award Recommended Links Yucatan Luxury Hotels Mexico Luxury Hotels and Resorts Adding yet another...||Book by Dec. 31 for Kids Special 2 for 1 at All-Inclusive Velas Resorts Recommended Links Mexico Pacific Coast Luxury Hotels Luxury Resorts in Yucatan The luxury...||Check Out a New Pool Villa on the Beach in the Riviera Maya Recommended Links Check Out Mexico Villas with Private Beach View the Yucatan Luxury Villas See...||Spend Christmas Week in Puerto Aventuras, Mexico! Recommended Links Puerto Aventuras Luxury Rentals Yucatan Luxury Rentals Luxury Beach Vacations...|